Get Ready, Get SETS: GI! hopes our participants collaborate together to achieve the following goals and more!
The three main outcomes of the symposium are:
- a SETS manifesto, from the perspective of early career leaders;
- visualizations of SETS GI implementation; and
- a living document cataloguing the ideal conditions to grow the next generation of SETS leaders, ideally leading to new research/funding proposals
- meaningfully integrate the work of practitioners and researchers for urban resilience;
- accelerate the co-production of diverse knowledge practices capable of anticipating new policy, community, and research needs in the face of unprecedented extreme weather events;
- provide fertile ground for growing a network of leaders in SETS implementation through graduate student and postdoctoral fellow training and community building